Deleting contacts??Support

Last Updated:

1. daniij

daniij New Member This Topic's Starter

Heyy

I have recently bought the HTC Wildfire and it has synced all of my contacts from facebook. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how to delete contacts out of the phonebook?

Thankyou x

Advertisement
  2. Northstander

Northstander Member

the only way i could do it was by not syncing the phone to facebook.

settings>accounts & sync and then remove facebook from there. i access facebook via the seperate app available on the marketplace as i didn't like having my contact list automatically populated with my facebook contacts!

3. savvy

savvy Member

Hi, i think you can leave the 'sync' with facebook active and just remove them from the contact list:

try:

people > menu (button on phone) > view (on screen button) > untick 'facebook for HTC sense'

proc and Taikonaut like this.
  4. cmc

cmc Member

I have the same problem with my contacts list being saturated with ALL the addresses I have EVER used in e-mail. I have unticked the 'sync contacts' in the gmail section of accounts and sync in settings.... any suggestions?

5. Sezza

Sezza New Member

I found this thread when trying to find the answer to this, I later came across this manual -

http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Manual/HTC_Wildfire/100518_Buzz_HTC_WWE_UM.pdf which

Basically it gives the following advice on deleting contacts:

From the Home screen, tap (the left hand menu button on the touch screen - the manual shows the picture) > People. On the All tab, press MENU, and then tap Delete. Select the contacts you want to delete, and then tap Delete. When prompted, tap OK.

This works, so thought I would share it even though it is attached to an old thread.

Taikonaut likes this.
  6. Taikonaut

Taikonaut New Member

So easy - thanks savvy!

7. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member

"From the Home screen, tap (the left hand menu button on the touch screen - the manual shows the picture) > People. On the All tab, press MENU, and then tap Delete. Select the contacts you want to delete, and then tap Delete. When prompted, tap OK."

That doesn't work for more than half my contacts. This Android thing seems to have gathered up every gmail and yahoo contact I ever spoke to and stuck them all over my contact list, including a bunch of duplicates.

Short of deleting them from my actual email contacts, how do I get this POS phone to remove them?

Thanks

8. ahmed-max

ahmed-max New Member

press phone , long press the contact u want to delete , view contact , press the menu button and u'll find a delete option ;)

hope it helped ^^

9. lozadkins

lozadkins New Member

i want some of my facebook contacts but some i do not want on my pho ne is there anyway of deleting a certain few?