• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting contacts??

I found this thread when trying to find the answer to this, I later came across this manual -

http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Manual/HTC_Wildfire/100518_Buzz_HTC_WWE_UM.pdf which

Basically it gives the following advice on deleting contacts:

From the Home screen, tap (the left hand menu button on the touch screen - the manual shows the picture) > People. On the All tab, press MENU, and then tap Delete. Select the contacts you want to delete, and then tap Delete. When prompted, tap OK.

This works, so thought I would share it even though it is attached to an old thread.

Reactions: Taikonaut
Upvote 0
"From the Home screen, tap (the left hand menu button on the touch screen - the manual shows the picture) > People. On the All tab, press MENU, and then tap Delete. Select the contacts you want to delete, and then tap Delete. When prompted, tap OK."

That doesn't work for more than half my contacts. This Android thing seems to have gathered up every gmail and yahoo contact I ever spoke to and stuck them all over my contact list, including a bunch of duplicates.

Short of deleting them from my actual email contacts, how do I get this POS phone to remove them?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones