Deleting Data

Last Updated:

1. adam22

adam22 Member

Hey all. My brother has purchased me an HTC One V for Christmas, so I will be using that device in the near future. In the meantime, I will be using my LG OV with Backside CM7. My question is how do I go about getting this phone in sellable condition? I know I can't do a factory reset on a rooted phone but the phone does run better with CM7 and overclock, so I'd like to leave it as is to sell (plus, I had to use terminal to root this thing, so super one click probably won't work to unroot as it did not work to root the phone, so I don't want to unroot if I do not have to). I know I'll only get about 40 bones for the phone, but times are tough and it'd help me out, but I'm open to suggestions for alternate uses.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Reboot into recovery and do a factory reset, doing a factory reset from withing the recovery itself is fine, but NEVER EVER DO IT FROM THE ROM MENU! Sorry for the caps just wanted to make that clear to people who read this in the future.
  3. Earthnfire78

Earthnfire78 Well-Known Member

You well have to flash at lease a custom stock ROM so that the V can be reactived on a new account.
  4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Any froyo rom will work.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Make a backup of the CM7 ROM, then install the (Froyo) Harmonia (more space for apps) or the (Froyo) Resurrected Bumblebee (almost as much app space, but way faster). These have the activate app. Then explain to the buyer how to restore the CM7 ROM if they so desire, after activating.
  6. adam22

adam22 Member

Thanks for the replies folks. I didn't think about not having the activate app.

My brother got me the HTC One V for 50 bucks. It blows the OV out of the water, but I might keep the OV to use as an mp3 player or something if I'm not able to flash it to a different ROM.
  7. adam22

adam22 Member

I downloaded the bumble bee ROM but can't install it due to no signature. Was going to give this phone away to a relative, does anyone know how I might go about correcting this? I was able to get Harmonia installed, but that doesn't run so good (probably about the same as stock ROM).
  8. AndyOpie150

I had no problem installing it. I have it backed up because it has the "Activate" app.
    Turn off signature verification then try again.
    When you select the "install zip from SD card" option it will give you the option to toggle. Select it. Then select it again. Bottom of screen should say its turned off. Then try install again. If it's still giving same error then the zip is corrupt. Try downloading one from the computer ans transfer over to SD card.
  9. adam22

adam22 Member

Thanks, it worked.

Runs really good...maybe it's cause there's no apps or anything downloaded yet? My OV was awesome after I rooted it but a year later the thing (despite my attempts to clean and delete things) would often freeze when opening facebook and sometimes lagged when entering text.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  10. AndyOpie150

Keep an eye on the RAM. If it gets below 50% your phone will start getting slower, and slower.