Deleting emails on phone and server?Support

Last Updated:

1. Taitia

Taitia Member This Topic's Starter

I checked all the posts for this question and am hoping what I'm reading isn't true. I just got a Fascinate yesterday (was a former Blackberry user) and was wondering if there was an option to delete emails from either or / both the phone and/or email?

Blackberry used to have a sync option that when you selected "Delete" it asked if you wanted to:

• Delete from handheld device
    • Delete from pc
    • Delete from handheld and pc
    Does the Fascinate have this option? If so, where can I find it?

To clarify, I have a GMail account but don't use it as my primary email, if at all. I have a personal Comcast account and a work email.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

It depends on what type of account. IMAP and Exchange accounts are sync'd meaning you delete on the phone, it deletes on the server and vise-versa. For pop accounts, there is the option that if you delete from the phone that it leaves the message on the server. (Account settings/incoming server/Delete email from server)

3. Taitia

Taitia Member This Topic's Starter

When I'm in my Incoming Server settings, the Comcast account "Delete email from server" options are Never and When I Delete From Inbox.

So looks like I don't have an option to delete from phone, but leave it on the server.

Bummer.