• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting Emails

billrose

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
Galaxy Tab 8.9 Old Woman New User

I use a local email provider as my default. Delete emails then they come back to my Inbox, next day or next week. Have Pop3 account on my home computer. Does it need to be set for 'Leave Mail on Server' or should that be unchecked? Talked to Samsung tech support and agent there said he never deletes email from his Galaxy Tab. Would like to know if it's necessary and if so, how to keep them from coming back to my Inbox.
Thanks.
Rosalie
Northwest, Missouri

You dont really need to delete emails though.

Anyway, I'd guess its because of the refresh. Once you delete the email on the tab, it stays on the server since you checked that option. If it syncs, it MAY see that certain emails are missing from the Tab client, and thus redownload them.

To be frank, the easiest way is to not delete anything, or uncheck the "leave mail on server".

Upvote 0
I took the check out of 'leave mail on server'. I was gone for the day and had the Tablet with me. Checked several times and did not have any emails come in on the Tablet. Had several emails on the home computer. The reason I bought the Tablet was so I could have email coverage when we're vacationing this winter. Today's experience showed that unless I have that check in 'leave mail on server', I won't be able to get any emails on the Tablet while vacationing. I'll try just not deleting any emails on the Tablet and see how I get along with that. I always figured that I needed to delete them just to keep the file cleaned out, but perhaps that's not necessary. I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks.

Rosalie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones