Deleting FaceBook friends from Contact List on the HTC InspireSupport

1. mlcain0202

mlcain0202 New Member

I just got the HTC Inspire 4G and I was updating my contact list and all of a sudden my 200+ friends from Facebook are now in my contact list on my phone. How can I delete or hide the Facebook profiles from my contact list.

Advertisement
    :
  2. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Well-Known Member

Yes. You have a couple of options.
    1. Hide the ones that don't have phone numbers (note: this will hide all contacts that don't have numbers. So, if you have any gmail contacts, or twitter, or such that you want to keep on, it won't work.) Do this by going to contacts> menu> and find display options (I'm not positive where it would be on an HTC, it's slightly different on sense than touchwhiz). From there, you can select "only show contacts with numbers"
    2. Delete and readd your fb account, and when it gets to 'sync your contacts' there should be an option to select which ones.
    3. again, under display options, there should be a menu asking which contacts you want displayed. (google, phone, facebook, etc) select to hide facebook
    4. finally, go into each contact you want to get rid of, select delete. It won't let you, but it will let you hide it. Arduous, but that is the most precise way....
    Pick your poison.
    kangarooant likes this.
  3. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Well-Known Member

Go to People>Menu>View, uncheck Facebook...this will hide the Facebook contacts from People but they will still be there if you search all contacts.

or

Settings>Accounts & Sync>Facebook. Uncheck Sync Contacts. This should remove all Facebook contacts from the phone. If the contacts are still there after unchecking Sync contacts, go back to Accounts & Sync and remove the Facebook account. Then sign back in using the Facebook app and make sure to select "Do not sync contacts".
    juliemuir and kangarooant like this.
  4. kangarooant

kangarooant Well-Known Member

i did that once and freaked out i was so mad lol
  5. jayroark

jayroark New Member

What is the symbol on the top left of my phone that looks like a barbell...
  6. Teeboo

Teeboo New Member

What do you do if you've already selected 'do not sync contacts' for Facebook etc, but they're still there...? Have even gone in to my settings only to find Facebook is NOT synced. Highly annoying, any solutions?