deleting gmail info to set up new one

Last Updated:

1. lllyons

lllyons Member This Topic's Starter

i created a new gmail account when i got my phone but in my haste i did not create an address i wanted so i set up another gmail from my home computer with my favored new address; however, now i cannot figure out how to delete my initial gmail account setting on my phone so i can set up my new one.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. russhour

russhour Member

What are you trying to setup, your contacts? The gmail App? The Mail App? There are different answers for each issue.

3. lllyons

thanks...i am talking about the gmail app.

4. russhour

russhour Member

enter gmail app, tap menu, go to settings, accounts, etc

5. lllyons

i have the app open did menu, settings and cannot find any "account" settings. these are the only settings i find. thanks for your help

signiture
    confirm delete
    batch operations
    labels
    email notifications
    select ringtone
    vibrate

6. russhour

russhour Member

Question: If you are looking to set up your phone completely synced to your new account, I suggest a hard reset, that way you can be sure the only your contacts/calendars/google info comes from your new gmail account.

With that being said, I need to do a little more menu research if you are only interested in deleting it from your gmail.

See hard reset here:HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Hero? (Sprint) - General and Other

how to:
    What does a Hard Reset do and how is it performed? close A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, third-party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, from the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Security > Factory data reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process will take 5-10 minutes

7. lllyons

think i will do this...the contacts are backed up correct? thanks

8. russhour

russhour Member

Well...contacts backed up yes, but what you need to do is transfer them to your new gmail. You can do that by exporting your contacts from your old account, into your new account. Do that first, before you hard reset and key in your new gmail.

9. akkidy

akkidy Well-Known Member

You can avoid resetting your phone by changing the password on your old gmail account, I believe your phone will show a sync error and ask you to enter your gmail account information again. You can then change the information to your new gmail account. I have not done this personally, but read about it when I was having trouble logging in to my phone when I got locked out after multiple attempts on the lock pattern. Hope this helps.