• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting nandroid backup files

Hi all. I have a desire and have just rooted and am now trying to install the new 2.2 update that i have downloaded of the web (i am locked to t-mobile so am going to create a gold card) i did a nandroid backup but i have done 2 by mistake. Is there anyway to delete one or both once i have finished doing my best to brick my phone lol. i don't relay want them floating around forever on my phone if i don't need them. also one other quick question if i unlock my phone and install standard htc os (as apose to t-mobile os) can i unroot my phone and still be on the new htc os so i can get all the updates with no mither. Thanks for any help you can give as i am a real noob at this kind of thing and relay shouldn't be messing around with it if i don't have at last some idea of what to do!!!

if you look on your SD card there will be a folder named 'nandroid'...... inside this folder will be another folder with 'ht##########' (the numbers represent your device ID) ...... inside this folder will be several other folders that will look something like "BDS20100818-3557" or something to that effect...... each of these folders is a backup....... BDS or BDES represents regular backup or regular backup + extended partition...... the first set of numbers is a date code 2010-08-18....... and the last set of numbers is just a number to differentiate different backups on the same date (Im sure it has some hidden significance but this is all thats important to you)........ just find the one that you dont want and delete that folder

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones