Deleting - Pet PeeveSupport

Last Updated:

1. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The last pet peeve I posted was solved in a few minutes...can I be lucky twice? I doubt it, but here goes...

Deleting..where do I begin!

Deleting an app - so painful to dig into settings, applications, manage, wait...........for computing...then painfully to check off an app and wait yet again.

or

Deleting SMS - I used to get lots of alerts, scores, stocks, weather, news but grew so tired of clicking, waiting and then clicking again for each SMS to delete that I turned almost all of them off. On the Sidekick, I just hit the keyboard's delete key and away it went to the trash. I could also mass delete the inbox or the trash.

Deleting in Gmail - this is probably the worst of all, the keyboard delete doesn't work again here and the pain in having to double tap every message is getting old fast. I would like to be able to click a checkbox for each message and then mass delete.

Any help would be great.

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Well, you're out of luck in the apps department. The only faster way I know of is to open the market and select My Downloads instead of going into settings. Anything you've installed in the Market can be uninstalled from the Market Interface, too. The slowness is in direct proportion to how many apps you have installed.

SMS
    You can do something similar, but not the same, as you describe with the delete button. You either have to tap the message to highlight it with that orange frame -- or you can use the trackball to move to that message and then use the delete key. You'll still have to confirm this action, but this does give you back that delete key function you wanted.

You can do a mass delete of all SMS messages. From messaging press the menu button and tap "delete threads". That'll get rid of everything. I recommend backing up any special txts with txtract. Most of mine are useless after they're read, but every once in awhile there's one you want to keep.

As for Gmail, you're kind of in luck. The Gmail App on the phone is not that feature-filled, you're right. You can get more features, though, without going to your PC.

Open the Browser, go to Google. If it's your homepage still, cool. Click on GMAIL from that blue bar above the Google logo, this opens the Android's Browser version of Gmail, which has more of the features that the full version has, but not all of them. One of the features in question is the checkboxes! The delete button is on the right at the top and bottom of the inbox.

Hope that helped.

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Again very good suggestions.

Thank you.

4. FortKnox

FortKnox Well-Known Member

I too am having deletion issues. I use http://www.youmail.com/ for my voice-mail, which I love, but if I'm not within range of a wireless tower but am within a Wifi zone (my whole house), if I check the youmail.com website on my phone's web browser, it shows any voice-mails. But if I click on the "play" button, it downloads to my [phone or SD card] and I can't figure out how to get back to those later or delete those. Thanks in advance for any help.