Deleting pics on PC corrupted SD card...Normal for Android?Support

Last Updated:

1. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was deleting a couple pics (and their thumbnails) off my Samsung Intercept, and when I unplugged the phone, it said my "internal" sd card was corrupted. I assume they mean the one in the slot.

I had to reformat, and I lost what little I had on there (a few pics, vids, my TigerArcade roms) but nothing to make me cry (lol), since I haven't had the phone long. What can I do to prevent that in the future?

Should I not have been so quick to take the phone's word for it and reformat?

What's this "internal" sd card it's talking about? Opposed to an external?? I didn't lose any apps or anything, so I can only assume they mean the one that plugs into my phone. If there are 2 SD cards, then would that mean I'd never used the one plugged into my phone for anything?

Please don't move this to the Intercept forum (unless you must), cos it's a general question (I think) and there are tumbleweeds rolling through there.

Edit: They seem to be rolling through here too. lol

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Did you unmount the sd before you pulled the usb cable? Not doing so shouldn't cause a problem unless there was data being transferred when you disconnected the phone. If it happens again, try power cycling the phone (soft reset i.e. pull the battery and replace) before you reformat. Your phone only has one sd card which android uses for data storage, there's also internal storage that is contains the OS and all your apps (unless you use something app2sd).

3. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I definitely forgot to unmount (lol?) but all I'd done was delete. I'll definitely be more careful in the future and try to back it up to my PC often. Biggest bummer was losing the ringtones I'd edited with Ringdroid.

About the sd card, I just thought it was odd that it said my "internal" sd was corrupted. Maybe Samsung's QA team forgot to "intercept" that typo. ;)

Thanks!

4. chickie99

chickie99 New Member

Odd, my samsung moment phone just had an over the air update in the past few days and October 29 my SD card went corrupted. I did not touch the card for months or add / delete anything. However, once I had turned off the phone since the update, this is when the card went corrupted. This happening to more than one person, in/around the same time as the sprint update, I do not find to be a coincidence.

Feedback?