Deleting pictures from gallerySupport

Last Updated:

1. racheldry17

racheldry17 New Member

Hi, I feel this may be a slightly silly question but I literally can't work it out it for the life of me... how do you delete pictures from the gallery? I can select them all but there doesn't seem to be an option to delete, even from the drop-down menu. The only option it gives me is to play slideshow. l accidentally synced all my photos from Facebook so now I've got hundreds of pictures and I can't get rid of them :L
    Thanks! :)

2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi racheldry17,and welcome to AF :)

I don't have that device, so the gallery app may be different. But as a general suggestion, what happens if you long-press an image? That often brings up some options in Android.

I actually use a 3rd party gallery app called QuickPic, which definitely does offer a delete option. Or you could use a file manager app such as ES File Explorer (the sort of file browser you get on a computer).

Good luck, and welcome again :)
    racheldry17 likes this.
  3. racheldry17

racheldry17 New Member

Thanks! I'm not sure exactly, just a generic Samsung gallery that was preinstalled on the tablet :) if you long press an image it just brings up a multi-select feature. I realised that other pictures had a delete option, just not the ones synced from Facebook, so I uninstalled the app and sure enough all the pictures disappeared :) thanks for your help and warm welcome :D this seems a really useful site :)
  4. StriderGrey

StriderGrey Member

Open gallery, my photos are in folders/albums if yours are then click on the album the photo you want to delete is in. If you don't have folders/albums then you'll see all your photos as thumbnails (small pictures), if you do have albums once your in that album again you'll see your photos as thumbnails, in the top right corner of the thumbnail you'll see a small black square click in it and a tick appears also a dustbin in the top bar appears hit the dustbin now and the photo deletes. You can do multipy deletes just put a tick in each black square of the photo you want to delete before hitting the dustbin icon, Hope that helps.