deleting recent contacts in text messagingSupport

Last Updated: 2014-03-12 22:23:11
  1. cant find out how to delete recent contacts in samsung infuse from text message list, anybody know how?

Advertisement
    Infinitestarz likes this.
  2. Russell C

Russell C Member

Hi I have been asking the same question and so far no answer. Hope someone knows.
  3. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Well-Known Member

From the home screen, click on the messaging app to open it.

Once open, hit the menu key and choose delete.

That will take you to a screen with a list of your messages.

There will be check boxes there. Just check the ones you want to delete.

It has one for all, and separate ones for each individual message.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :)
  4. Russell C

Russell C Member

Hi doing that is not the problem. After you delete your text messages. When you want to do a new text you hit the bar at the top that says New Message compose new message there is a button for recent. How do you remove them. It will not allow you to open the menu screen.
  5. I talked with a tech from samsung, he said as of right now there is no way to clear recent contacts in the messaging screen, (dont make sense to me) but guess we have to live with it, must have been an oversite on samsungs part.; Maybe they will come up with an update soon.
  6. Russell C

Russell C Member

Thank you for the update. If I hear anything I will post something.
  7. jeikumar

jeikumar New Member

click the phone option in home screen and goto logs. delete the appropriate log and your recent list would be cleared
  8. I have tried that, it dont delete recent contacts from messaging, still has all contacts when you tap on new message then recent , all contacts still there.
  9. jeikumar

jeikumar New Member

well, though im not using infuse, i thought the procedure should be common for all android versions/device. Mine is galaxy ace, Gingerbread 2.3.4 and deleting the list from logs does clear the recent from messaging... May be someone else could shed some light.
  10. Has anybody figured out how to delete these recent contacts in messaging yet?
  11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I can only think of one reason why this would be relevant...and if that is the case you should really check into some of the "privacy" messaging apps on the market. There are no logs etc...

also...have you tried going this

1st back up any msgs you want to keep with the app sms backup and restore

then from the home screen

menu.settings.applications.manage.all. find messaging and clear data.

and

It's ok...I won't judge you :p
  12. It has nothing to do with privacy on my part, if you have more than one number for a contact one is a cell phone and the other a land line, it stores both numbers in recent contacts, so when you send a text you may tap wrong contact and send message to a land line instead of the cell phone, there has a to be a way to clear the log.
  13. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrm...mine does not operate this way...

open messaging, press compose, press recent...my default number for that contact shows and only that number shows ..

or

are you referring to when you start typing their name and it pulls up a list of all methods to contact them?

that can not be changed that I am aware of and has been the way every smart phone I have used has worked since the original windows pda's back in 2000-2001
  14. Salmerin

Salmerin New Member

Just had the same problem and found a solution to this. The recent contacts are essentially stored in (you guessed it, under ...) Contacts. So to get rid of it, go to Contacts --> History Tab, then Menu and either Delete all or select the ones you don't want!

Cheers
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  15. Thanks for the info, i tried that and still the recent contacts are there.
  16. bryanlee1981

bryanlee1981 Member

Try the app "History Eraser". There is an option to do what you are asking. Hope that works.
  17. jmmac11

jmmac11 New Member

Thanks Salmerin. your solution does work. samsung charge.
  18. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Ok...on my infuse (not stock...custom rom)

i opened contacts.
    clicked history
    clicked menu
    clicked delete
    a pop up came up i clicked ok
    taken to a screen of all recent contacts and selected all
    click delete
    confirmed delete
    Backed out of contacts
    opened messaging
    clicked compose
    clicked recent
    all gone

you guys tried that and it did not work?
  19. I dod just what you said, it deleted some but not all, i wonder if it has something to do with how the contact is stored, like to phone or google or ????
  20. oceanic

oceanic New Member

i know its a dead thread but i came across same problem and might have found the solution and mistake being made.

If a contact is stored in both the Sim and the phone and Google accounts. It has to be deleted from all 3 otherwise it keeps showing up in these little places.

If you primarily save all your contacts to the phone, but most likely still have some of your contacts still saved on teh sim card, it will keep showing.
  21. jamesonbaker22

jamesonbaker22 New Member

I have tried everything that y'all have said but one thing either deletes my calls history or my messages with people, not my recent contacts. What if this contact isn't even in my contacts? The couple of messages above me are saying that it could be because contacts are saved into different places on the phone. If this contact isn't even in my phone then how would I be able to delete it?
  22. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member

Oh u have your mailbox synced with google and all that, I read the whole thread and dint know wtf u were talking about. I don't have my accounts synced so mine does not do any of the stuff your talking about
  23. animalbmx92

animalbmx92 New Member

just got my infuse a couple hours ago, i like it, and this is my only issue is not being able to delete recent messaged contacts, is there any way at all, talking bout numbers i dont have saved anywhere it's just the number, is there anyway at all
  24. BeakerSteve

BeakerSteve Member

My Galaxy S2 has the same or similar problem. When I try to select a contact for text messaging, I am presented with a huge list of numbers that I have historically called. I cannot delete them.

Somewhere I think, from what I have read, there is a Save To Contacts option. Where is it?

And how do I delete these saved Contacts, because they do not appear in my contacts?

Thanks in anticipation
  25. BeakerSteve

BeakerSteve Member

Just found that I can delete all the unwanted contacts using Kies.

How do Is top the phone from saving Contacts without asking me first though?