• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting Saved WiFi Networks

Hey guys,

I am having a problem getting rid of saved WiFi networks. I have an HTC One (M8) and have been traveling for the last few months; therefore, I have connected to many different WiFi networks. However, I cannot seem to deleted the saved networks and now whenever I turn WiFi on it takes a very long time to start up because it is trying to connect to all of the saved networks. I have gone into settings, gone to WiFi, clicked on saved networks, and clicked on everyone and hit forget. However, whenever I turn the WiFi off and then back on again, all of the saved networks are still there. It was bothering me so much that I called Verizon and they told me to do a hard reset and that would get rid of all of them. I just finished with the hard reset and all of the networks are still there. I feel like they are being backed up somewhere else where I need to delete them from.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!
Jack

The obvious thing to check is in Settings > Backup and reset whether the option to back up your data with Google is selected? That's assuming you have standard HTC software and Verizon haven't changed it too much. I'd also check for any Verizon-specific backup app (being British I have no experience of what VZW do to the software).

Have you tried telling it to forget networks individually rather than all at once?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones