deleting screenshots also deletes videosSupport

1. My Samsung mini tablet 2 automatically takes screenshots of the videos I have on my external 32gb sd card and puts them in images, When I delete the photos from images the actual videos are also deleted. Does anyone know how I can stop these screenshots from being taken, or how I can delete them without deleting the videos.
    I tried downloading the fish bowl image organizer but it does the same thing. Many thanks for your help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sorry, just to clarify the above, I mean the tablet puts the screenshots in gallery (not images), and when I delete them from gallery, the videos are also deleted...
  3. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

I just assumed that you can't delete them "individually" (as in without deleting the video) because those images aren't actual separate files. If you look in your file explorer, you'll see only one file (the video). So if you ask the gallery to remove something, it will be that video file.
  4. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

How do you get automatic screenshots? What player are you using? And what are you using for screenshots? I haven't run into that problem with QQ Player. But I don't really understand what you're doing either.
  5. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

Not related to the player AFAIK. And they are not really screenshots. The stock Gallery app shows preview images for any video files you have on the tab. I assume that the OP means those.
  6. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Oh, now I see, i.e., thumbnails for videos!!!
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Tapping on these "screen shots" in the gallery will open the video player (or the option to open it), I think :)
    So, the gallery has created just previews of the videos.

Harry
  8. seems like that's the case.. screenshots of the videos in gallery which you tap to open the video.. seems pretty pointless to me and I wish I could get rid of these screenshots without deleting my videos too, because I want my gallery just for my photos.. but I guess it's no big deal.. thanks for replying..
  9. sorry, I meant "thumbnails", not screenshots.. but thanks again for replying..
  10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Try 'QuickPic' as gallery.
    It'll show you just the picture folders, if you disable the showing of the video folders.

The app is free in Play Store :)

Harry
  11. Thanks a lot Harry2. I downloaded 'QuickPic' app and hid all those nasty thumbnails. Exactly what I wanted to do...