1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Deleting selected call on call log?

1. Ivanhead

Ivanhead Well-Known Member

The more I use this thing the more I hate Moto. Reminds me of that peice of shit Q I had.

How do you selectly delete numbers in your call log? All I can find is delete all. You would think someone would look at how a BB works and understand you don't always want to delete all your calls.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to delete some of your call log and not all of it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Long press on the number...then click Remove from Call Log.

Most menus use some kind of options within the Long Press menu when you want to select only single items.
  3. Ivanhead

Praise God! I tried that earlier, obviously I didn't press long enough!

Thanks!
  4. Christine

Christine Active Member

May seem like an unnecessarily prying question, but why do you want to do that? I've just never thought about it.
  5. Ivanhead

Well, if you keep your entire call log, it takes a lot of space, and I want to return or text only some people, not everybody that calls me. It is a shortcut to returning calls or texting.

Not to be pring, but why the hell would you want to keep everyone on your call list?
  6. Christine

Christine Active Member

I just assumed that the call log would autodelete really old calls. It's not like I'm hiding an affair or anything, so I haven't put a lot of thought into it.
  7. Magreve

Magreve New Member

Prior answers I found in search said press down on call to delete it.
    On my phone, that just re-calls the number, which was the reason I wanted to delete it in the first place. Is there no menu option that says "Delete this single call / msg?"

Does the phone log eventually delete itself? can it be set to do that? (e.g. all calls over week old, delete?)

Also, how, when I am listening to a song, can I delete it? I want to manage the file songs on my phone, and I can't figure out where / how to do this. Sure I can connect it to a PC, but ... if I'm not near my PC ... now do I do this?

How do I re-arrange the order of the apps, so that the ones I actually use are at the top?

Is there a manual someone could refer me to?

Thanks, all clues appreciated.

SM
  8. Khangol

Khangol New Member

I almost never even look at my call log, so I couldn't care less how long it is. If there's somebody I want to call or text, that's what the contact list is for. The people I contact most often are in my Favorites. I have no need to scroll through a call log (and no fear of my spouse doing so).

But I guess different people approach things differently.