Deleting shortcuts, widgets on homescreen?

1. Young85

Young85 New Member

It's very easy to add shortcuts or widgets onto the home screen but I can't find how to delete them. For widgets I can delete the app If I don't want it anymore...but If i still need it how do i take it off...

I added a mail shortcut on the home screen, and I haven't been using it since my e-mails are synced.... I need the room on my home screen but can't delete it! Plz help.

Thank You

Advertisement
    :
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Press on the widget until you see a red banner come up saying remove then just drag it off your home screen.
  3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Hold your finger on the widget like you were going to move it, and at the bottom of the screen the word REMOVE appears with a picture of a bin next to it.. It's in the manual too.
  4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Well did that fix ? it will we ever find out.
  5. dinosaurgal

dinosaurgal Member

It works for me. :)
    Trying to remove my "Messages" short cut.
    Just hold your finger on the icon and the remove button will appear at the bottom.
    But I need to hold on my finger without letting go, or else the remove button will disappear the moment i let go.
    2 hands required. :p
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Are you trying to click on the remove button? :S Just drag the icon to the remove button.
  7. dinosaurgal

dinosaurgal Member

Hahaha. Thanks for the tip Xtiro.
    I'm a total android noob. Just got my 2 days old HTC magic :p
  8. john713

john713 New Member

Hey I know how to delete things off of my homescreen but for some reason it is not working.. I hold the icon and it does nothing. I can still go in to my all apps section and hold a icon/app and add it to my home screen so my phones working fine but I was wondering if there was some setting I might have turned off for the home screen delete option Im using adw launcher and adw gingerbread theme. Ohh and I am on CM7 android 2.3.4
  9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

ADW can lock the homescreen against edits. I think you can enable/disable it by hitting menu and picking one of the options it gives you there.
  10. ChadKaplowski

ChadKaplowski Well-Known Member

ok, another noob question - that worked fine for me (sorry, got my Android based phone today so am learning - slowly) How do I remove the blank scrceens that then creates in the widgets?

EDIT : Never mind - delving into other forums on this site I can see that isn't possible. Search feature win!
  11. Repsej

Repsej New Member

Hi, I know that you figured it out.
    But for anyone else that visits this thread looking for answers I just wanted to note that there is a nice guide for handling widgets on your home screen to be found on this website (sorry I cannot provide a full link, but I am new on this forum).
    Hope this might help someone :)

First part of the URL:
    apps.akosta.dk

Here is the second part of the URL:
    /how-to-add-an-android-widget-to-your-homescreen/