Deleting some of the unnecessary contacts...Support

Last Updated:

1. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are a few threads similar to this but I didnt see one that really answer my question. Basically when you press on PHONE and the dialer with the keypad and the contacts/call history shows up. Basically, that screen have my FACEBOOK contacts and my PEOPLE contacts. And because of that I have like 1200 contacts...some I dont even talk to like that and some dont even have phone numbers but its there. I dont know how to get rid some of it. Basically, I want to know how to get rid of some of the FACEBOOK contacts. Or if I cant do that, is there any way to have the PEOPLE contacts show only when you press on the PHONE button?

I have tried LONG PRESS....EDITING the facebook contacts. Nothing. So please help.

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could try seperating your contacts in different groups, (i.e., FB, Work, Friends, etc...), then just open the particular group you want to see.

3. Itlooksfast

Well I do have diff groups but theres gotta be a more convenient and easier way lol Im just kinda frustrated since I cant just literally delete the contacts right there. Just press and hold then hoping theres an option that would let me delete it.

4. AHanks12

Okay, maybe I'm a little confused about your question. Why don't you just select "people", then long press on the contact you want to delete and select "delete contact?"

5. Itlooksfast

Yea you still dont understand what im saying. From the home screen theres a button for PHONE. If you press on that, the dialer screen will pop up. On that screen I have like 1200 contacts and its annoying. I know I can go to PEOPLE and delete the contacts that I personally added. But its the FACEBOOK contacts that im trying to get rid off. I wish theres a way for me to long press the facebook contacts and delete it. Or at least when I press the PHONE button from the main menu, ONLY the contacts that I personally added will show up.

6. AHanks12

Yeah, I see what you mean. It appears that it lists your call log first and then bleeds in to the list of contacts. Not sure if there is a way to set the default to a particular folder of contacts. I will check around and see what I can figure out.

7. Itlooksfast

Yea its very annoying. Thanks for looking...im searching for it too...

8. AHanks12

I know this isn't exactly what your looking for but I found that with Froyo, your call history will be grouped together by name/number. In other words, if the same person calls you several times a day, it will not show every call but only the most recent one. Then you can touch the name to expand it to see every call from that day. Again, not what your looking for but based on this info, maybe what you want to do has not been release yet with our current OS.

9. Takami826

Takami826 New Member

OK I'm coming into an Incredible after using a Moto Droid for 1.5 yrs... I am having this issue now. In Moto Droid's facebook I could choose to sync existing contacts or all of facebook, so I sync'd existing and was okay with normal contacts... Now on the Incredible, I am having this exact problem and have been searching around with no luck. I don't want all these people on my phone LOL but I can't figure out how to delete them out. I, too, have over 1,000 of them and it's annoying to sift through them...