Deleting stock apps?

Last Updated:

1. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to remove the apps that came with the phone for example the Sprint Nascar thing and others? I want to clean up the clutter so I dont have to sort through 100 apps to find one.

Advertisement
  2. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

You have to root the phone to remove the stock bundled applications.

3. whtge8

Root the phone....? To the ground...? :confused:

4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member

There's a lot of talk about this in the rooting section. You'll find a lot more info in there.

5. whtge8

Eh, never mind then. Looks way too complicated. Was thinking there might be an easier way.

6. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

:D Use a lot of water!

No, not literally... "rooting" the phone gives you administrative rights which allow you more control over the Android OS. Therefore allowing you to uninstall the Sprint bundled apps. See the root section for more info.

Best of luck ;)

7. big evo dog

big evo dog Well-Known Member

As the tittle said. Is there a way to delet Sprint apps and original apps that came with the phone??

8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

Well if you read the previous posts, while not fully descriptive, they did answer. You need to have the phone rooted to be able to remove the stock apps. The only way you can do that however is by running a custom rom with the apps not installed.

9. big evo dog

big evo dog Well-Known Member

i see, i'm not a tech savvy person so if i root the phone i might mess it up or something like that.....

10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

I hear you on that, I'm reading about how to do it, I've managed to use the Unrevoked root method, but thats as simple as downloading an app and hitting the button. However it's not the same as using the toast method which enables you to use custom roms, which enables you to remove the sprint bloatware.

11. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

As annoying as the apps are, they don't hurt anything. As long as you don't use any widget or app that causes them to run then they are just taking up a tiny bit of space. Your options are to take control of your device or to suck it up :) I will probably wait until people have been poking around and rooting theirs for a few weeks before I bother rooting mine. So far I've had no pressing need but I know how I get with my phones. One of these days I will get bored and do it.

12. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Do you have to install custom roms after rooting to remove the apps you want to, or can you just do it yourself after rooting? I've been wondering about this for a while. I'm not really interested in custom roms, but would like to remove some stuff.