Deleting Text Messages.... LOADS of text messages

Last Updated:

1. dunc1n

dunc1n Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks,

I got my HTC Hero a while ago, it is running Android version 1.5

Now my problem is, Ive never really deleted any of my texts, so now Ive got LOADS of texts stored on the phone and if i try to delete them, the phone just crashes, it either just freezes up completely or comes up with an error message saying that it could not delete my texts!!!
    Ive tried deleting texts by one person at a time, but as soon as it reaches somebody that has over around 100 texts, it f**ks up!!!!
    Ive tried hooking the phone up to my laptop but I can only see the things that are on my memory card!!!
    Is there any way that I can hook up the phone to the computer and see all the texts there and delete them from there???

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Dunc1n

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Try the 'Delete old messages' app from the market. It might be veeeeeeeeeeery slow if you really have a lot of messages, but apparently it is good for this sort of thing.

3. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member

Yeah i found this as well but learned you just need to select a thread of messages to delete and sit back and be patient and leave it to do its thing.If it is 100+ texts it will take a while.I delete them far more regular now.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

5. dubs28st

dubs28st Member

i got a thread of texts from my stupid girlfriend thats got 2300 am i ever gonna be able to delete it i been having the same trouble dunc1n

6. nefas

nefas New Member

From that other thread, but what does this mean? "make sure the auto backlight is in to protect your screen"