Deleting Texts...General

Last Updated:

1. bryston

bryston Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I have a problem. I can delete all my other threads of texts except for one which has roughly over 5,000 texts in the thread. When I try deleting the entire thread the phone will freeze up or display a small,menu saying "Forclose" or "Wait" and I've tried both options and still no luck. Any suggestions as to whay I may be able to do? I'm tryin to delete the thread because its causing my texts to send out slowly and receive slowly.

Advertisement
  2. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member

Just a thought, and I can't say if this will work or not since I don't have any threads that huge - but perhaps try the "Delete Old Messages" app? Start by deleting messages older than a month, perhaps, then older than three weeks... basically trim down that giant thread until you can delete the whole thing w/o a FC.

3. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

I thought I was having a similar problem a while back.. when deleting threads with several hundred texts handscent would freeze. After task killing it then opening it back up they would be gone. Don't know why it has such a hard time with this kind of deletion

4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

app called "Delete Old Messages"
    i've been telling people about it for about 2 months now =]

5. mhseris

mhseris Well-Known Member

Yep, that's how I know about it. :D It works great. This seemed to be an interesting twist on using it, if it works.

6. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where texts are stored? Is there really an advantage to removing them? I haven't noticed any performance change so I've been letting my texts pile up for a while now. Last time that I removed them I used Delete Old Messages and it worked great though.