Deleting things on sd card after root

Last Updated:

1. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey this is my first actual post and I've been following this website for awhile. I just have a question.

Before I rooted I would go through my sd card and delete files that were no longer needed such as application files from applications that i would download and later delete.

Now that I'm rooted Im a little hesitant to do that because I'm not sure if there are files on there that are necessary for root. For ex. the su file on the sd card. Is that the program itself or is it just the install file. If i were to delete it would I lose the superuser or would it not effect it?

I just got a 16 gig sd card so Im wondering what files I need to transfer over if there are any. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!

Also if you guys have any questions about my sucess with root, I can tell you I did have problems getting into recovery but putting the sd card in right after the ding from the computer worked like a charm. took me about an hour to root.

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Good question, also since rooting today I have an unzipped "update" folder on my sd card what is it and can I get rid of it?

3. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ya that to lol. that is another file I was wondering about. i would imagine since its a zipped file it doesnt do any good for anything unless it was unzipped anyway. Right? lol idk