Deleting Word To Go DocumentsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Calkacky

Calkacky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What am I not seeing? Where is it that I can delete a word document that I created in Documents To Go?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I haven't used Doc2go in a while, but I think you can long press on a document in the file list to get the delete menu. If not, then you can always use a file manager to find it and delete it that way.

4. Calkacky

Thanks, but I'm not understanding. The document I am trying to delete is one that is only in Docs To Go on my Eris. Why would I need something else or why would I need to connect to my computer?

5. OfTheDamned

You should be able to open Documents to go and when viewing the list of documents long press (press and hold for a second or two) on the one you want to delete to get the delete menu.

All of those documents are stored on your SD card though. If you can't remove the file you want from the application itself then a file manager or mounting to the computer are also options.

Calkacky likes this.
  6. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I have not used Docs to Go in a long time either. There may be a "long-press" and delete feature. If the document is saved to a location on your SD card, a file manager will allow you to browse for it (like a windows manager) and manage/delete/copy/rename/etc. Just a suggestion. Astro is handy to have on several different levels.

Calkacky likes this.
  7. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

There is no "long press" delete option while in the file list within Docs2Go. A long press does nothing, except open up the file when you let go. Surprised it doesn't though...would have been a good option. Only way I know of to delete a fiel is with a file manager, or connect it to a computer and deleted it from the SD card that way.

OfTheDamned likes this.
  8. Calkacky

Okay, I've tried it with File Manager and it worked! Great! I really appreciate the assistance. I always wondered what those file managers programs were for that people talk about. Now, that I have a slight clue, I'm off to really check it out. I'll look at Astro since it was mentioned here.

9. OfTheDamned

I guess I've been using gdocs for to long. Thanks for the correction.

If you find that you don't need all the features of Astro and just want a basic file manager I would suggest OI file manager.

10. Calkacky

Yeah, long press would be a good option. I had already tried that before my post so I knew it didn't work. I went right to the file manager option. I will also check out OI File Manager. Astro seems to have more than what I will ever use or ever care to know about! :D