Delivery report in handcent/chompsmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. iaiaii

iaiaii New Member This Topic's Starter

I use handcent and have delivery reports on cuz I think it's helpful to know if a text actually went through. Starting around 2 weeks ago, text messages sent through handcent would report as 'unsuccessful,' and the orange icon would appear next to it instead of the green checkmark. The messages are going though, but the report says otherwise.

I've reset my phone, battery pulled, uninstalled handcent and reinstalled it, toggled the settings, but the issue remains. I even tried using chompsms for a whle, but had the same problem. However, if I send through the native messaging app, the texts will report as 'delivered.'

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this and figured it out. It's more of an annoyance than anything, and I can live with it, but it sucks having lost some of that functionality seemingly out of nowhere.

Advertisement
  2. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

That's an old issue that has since been resolved. What version of Handcent?

3. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Make sure your settings... "delivery report from carrier" is checked ONLY, this can be found in "receiving messages" in handcent settings. Re-check your setting.

4. iaiaii

iaiaii New Member This Topic's Starter

I've got version 3.1.1 on my phone. I do have, and have had, "delivery report from carrier" as the only optioned checked in my settings.

5. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

3.1.1 is correct. Very weird, there was a version around 2 or 3 months ago that had your issue. It was fixed within a week or so, however. Try uninstalling and reinstalling from the market? Don't know what else to say other than email the devs.