• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delivery Report

Prso9

Jun 12, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I upgraded my phone two weeks ago to a Sony Xperia S. I was checking my daughters Orange account and discovered she was being charged for delvery reports for texts messages, then I discovered it was actually my mobile account I was looking at. So I have for the last two weeks been getting charged for delivery reports, when I have not actually been receiving any texts advising me that the texts I am sending have been received by the recipient. If I had received the notification then I would have changed the setting on the phone two weeks ago.

Has anyone else come across this?

I upgraded my phone two weeks ago to a Sony Xperia S. I was checking my daughters Orange account and discovered she was being charged for delvery reports for texts messages, then I discovered it was actually my mobile account I was looking at. So I have for the last two weeks been getting charged for delivery reports, when I have not actually been receiving any texts advising me that the texts I am sending have been received by the recipient. If I had received the notification then I would have changed the setting on the phone two weeks ago.

Hello Prso9. Yes, it's an old practice by some carriers, Orange included. We've seen warnings about it here and there, advising users to disable the sms delivery reports to save texting count/charges.

Upvote 0

Hi Prso9

Have you contacted customer services about the issue? Orange have been charging for SMS reports for about 2-3 years now but lots of smartphones now come with this feature turned on by default and people are now getting charged.

If you do contact customer services for a refund and get nowhere please PM me and i'll see if i can help?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi Prso9

Have you contacted customer services about the issue? Orange have been charging for SMS reports for about 2-3 years now but lots of smartphones now come with this feature turned on by default and people are now getting charged.

If you do contact customer services for a refund and get nowhere please PM me and i'll see if i can help?

Cheers

Hi dnapro,

I was going to request a refund on the charges as due to my stupidity I presumed that a delivery report would be a text to advise me that a text had been received (yes I am old school!!) and then I would have thought wait a minute. However after googling it I have discovered that all that appears on a smartphone is a tick beside the message, very sneaky if you ask me.

So I guess this has taught me a lesson and it's only a couple of weeks worth, so it's not too much.

Thanks for your help anyway :D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones