Delivery Reports for Text MessagesSupport

Last Updated: 2010-05-27 14:30:36
  1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I'm curious on this one. On my old Voyager I was able to get delivery reports with a check mark in my sent items folder, so I knew if my tm went through.

Today I was told that someone was not getting my texts, which was a problem on there end, since I was able to send and receive to others without issue.

So I was curious, and found a setting in the stock messaging app to enable delivery reports. It works, however it just displays a little envelope with a green exclamation point in it.

This is cool and all, however I get that same icon for both successful deliveries and to ones that show up as "Pending" when I view the report.

So I was wondering if this is normal for Android phones, or if there is an app I can use to get a better icon/report for delivered texts.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Messages > Menu > Settings > Delivery Reports (check or uncheck)

oops, I didn't read well enough to understand your question. Anyhow thats where the setting is which I'm sure you already figured out.
  3. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I use Handcent and get a true confirmation check mark when they open the message... but only if they are also a Verizon customer I believe. Otherwise I think you just get a 'sent' icon when it clears the network.
  4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yeah its just strange that it does that. I don't want to use Handcent so if anyone knows of any other apps I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
  5. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this too.
  6. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Do delivery reports cost extra per text? I've heard that they do on certain carriers and I couldn't find anything about Verizon. Thanks in advance
  7. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member

where is the setting for this? i thought ive seen it before, but cant find it now.
  8. hakoreh

hakoreh Well-Known Member

I've used Handcent for a awhile and I've never ever seen a check mark anywhere? or an option for?
  9. jazztalker

The website says in a recent update that this feature was added:

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Someone test it to an ATT friend and let me know if you get a confirmation report.
  11. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Just a blue 'pending' notification, not a green check mark.
  12. jazztalker

I've only ever had these work on old (dumb) phones when you text another VZW customer.
  13. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

There is no additional fee on Verizon as far as I know. I have unlimited messaging, but like I said, even with a lower txt/pix package it should still be a free feature.