Dell Streak 5 Interface--Ported to Evo?

Last Updated:

1. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody think that this would be possible? I imagine that it is, but don't know if there'd be any kind of trouble involved (save for the 4G modifications, if there are any... but as I understand it, those are for specific applications and not the OS itself).

Because...

Dell Mini 5 Hands-ON on Vimeo

Anybody who watches that, sees that homescreen, and doesn't become aroused is not a human being. I want to be able to display all of that information at once, and I'd be more than happy to do it on the Evo's reasonably-sized 4.3" screen rather than that 5" beast. It's just... a beautiful interface, really. It has the same resolution as the Evo, but they're actually making use of it in the interface (startling!).

Thoughts?

(Also, on an unrelated note: Collection of all of the Evo pics I could find is here.)

Advertisement
  2. Spdy

Spdy Well-Known Member

at first i was like..what the..but now that i take a closer look at it it really does seem useful..with the huge screen that could easily be transferable and operational on the evo...at the very least i wouldnt mind having an option like that available for the evo

3. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The only difference between the 5" on the Streak and the 4.3" on the Evo is the level of ridiculousness, I think. They have the same resolution, and anything that's clear on the Streak should be clear on the Evo... which makes me very much want to utilize all of the Evo's WVGA power, as does the Streak.

Eh. Someone will figure it out and port it over, I imagine. Once the Streak is actually released, that is...

4. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

once we start to see some custom roms I'm pretty sure some elements of this will get included