• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dell Streak 7, Ooma Mobile app

mleekham

Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
This thread may already exist if so,sorry. I have a dell streak 7, I want to download android app "Ooma mobile", they tell me that my device is not compatabile. I have android version 3.2 in the dell. I have downloaded other android apps with no problem. Could it be that The sim card I used did not have 3G service? I don't want to get 3G service unless I can get this app to work. Is there anything I can do to make the dell compatabile?

This thread may already exist if so,sorry. I have a dell streak 7, I want to download android app "Ooma mobile", they tell me that my device is not compatabile. I have android version 3.2 in the dell. I have downloaded other android apps with no problem. Could it be that The sim card I used did not have 3G service? I don't want to get 3G service unless I can get this app to work. Is there anything I can do to make the dell compatabile?

The app's description in Google Play states that it can be used over 3G or wifi, so I don't think the sim card is the issue. It is possible that the app is just not designed to work with the Streak. Unfortunately, the Streak has reached end of life status with Dell and will not receive any updates. One of the consequences is that many developers do not make any effort to ensure that their apps are compatible with the Streak. Some apps are because their requirements are less stringent or specific, but many are not.

I think your best option is to contact the app developer and see if they know why it is not compatible or if they have any plans to make it compatible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones