Dell Streak GPS and incoming phone call.Support

1. naturam

naturam New Member

I recently bought my first smartphone, a Dell streak with O2 in UK.
    I was waiting for a 5inch smartphone for some time(largest size phone we can put into pocket.)
    Some mild software glitches I noticed when I tried to install some apps possibly because Android 1.6. Generally i give a score of 4 out of 5.

I have few questions.

1. Is there any possibilty to change its homescreen from landscape to portrait mode.?
    2. If I use this phone as a navigator with google maps just enabling GPS only in USA, will I get charged for roaming data rate?
    3. When I using the navigation, If i get an incoming call, screen is switching to phone mode, I need to manually change that through notification area. Is there any possibilty to get around this problem?
    4. Is the Android market in this phone only showing apps compatable with Android 1.6?

Thank you

Advertisement
    :
  2. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group. Sorry I can't answer much of your questions, I did see the answer to #1 either in another thread here or on the DellMini forum. There is way to change the rotation of the homescreen, can't remember if it is option in the settings or an app, I think it is an app.

naturam likes this.
  3. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I found this in the "Post your first impression" thread

naturam likes this.
  4. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

1. Yep adw launcher will do it.

2. I'm guessing so unless you cache all the maps before you set off

3. Not tried it but I'm guessing no

4. As far as I'm aware yes
    naturam likes this.