Dell Streak July 14 US Release - MaybeGeneral

1. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Well, I know it isn't official, but it is the first real rumors I have heard since May :confused:

Dell Streak US Release

Advertisement
    :
  2. SEI

SEI Active Member

lol.. why are they taking so long... i've been searching on ebay for one but i hate bidding and all the buy it now prices are at 1000+
  3. Jreitnauer7

Jreitnauer7 Well-Known Member

The price range of 800 is crazy. I can't believe that to be true.
  4. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

If its $800 they can keep it.I'l keep my N1
  5. SEI

SEI Active Member

if you wait till its released its 500 sim free.
  6. nb_mitch

The rumors all along have been $500 off contract direct from Dell or $200 or less from AT&T, I doubt that it will be higher, because that is just what the market will support. People generally aren't going to pay more than that.

If AT&T wants to make the phone a success, they will price it lower than a Fruity4 and won't dumb it down like those in the past. Only time will tell.
  7. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I might get one for t-mobile if it is released and just give my wife my n1.
  8. nb_mitch

I see the Streak threads have been pretty quiet lately. We are 3 days away from the rumored launch and nothing really new :confused:

The only real talk is about the Droid X, which has been officially announced. I am thinking more and more, that we won't see a Streak in the US this week :mad:
  9. SEI

SEI Active Member

I had a feeling its gonna be end of this month.. but I don't care anymore LOL got mine already on Rogers 3g hehe
  10. alu95

alu95 New Member

11. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

I know Phandroid and Engadget have bothed jumped on this but I'm getting tired of the rumors. Everytime a new one pops up it seems like it is nothing but a let down. I'm sticking it out for the streak, I've convinced my girlfriend it's the way to go and I'm scared I'll never talk her into anything again if I change my mind, but I'm going to be really let down if this isnt the amazing experience it's been built up to be in my mind to justify all this waiting. My iphone has been running with a cracked screen for 3 months waiting on this thing and there's no way I could go to the new one but I honestly just dont want a captivate since it's missing that front facing camera. If the streak doesnt at least get an official release by the end of the month we are probably just gonna have to get something else.
  12. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Seems like it's just taking too long. I almost got the captivate yesterday. Is it worth the wait? Streak comes with 1.6, captivate already has 2.1. I also have been reading that there are issues with the captivates gps. So maybe just waiting is a good idea. But rumors are just a big let down. So don't hold your breath. Just wait for an official word from Dell or AT&T. I hear vague dates like the end of summer or the end of July. I just don't care anymore.