• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

coney100

Jul 18, 2010
I`ll start by saying i don`t know much about android phones & i can`t move my arms or hands due to an accident which broke my neck & left me paralyzed me from the neck down.

I can use a computer with this device.
Origin Instruments Corporation

What i`m trying to find is an app that can do mostly all the functions on the phone.
I`ve found a fare few but they we either not compatible with my phone or there not comprehensive enough for me.

any comments or help will be much appreciative
Oh shit i`ve not even told you what phone i`ve got lol.
Anyway the phone is a Dell Streak!

cheers

You might check in to Vlingo to see if it suits you needs. And there are various threads about it here on the forum telling pros and cons - as I recall there were more pros than cons.
Vlingo Home

Another one that's getting good initial comments is Edwin, which also has some threads here. Edwin has the additional benefit of being free, so it won't cost anything to give it a try.
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-neureau-edwin-DzDB.aspx

Upvote 0
hi ryan

I`m basically want to be able to control just about everything you can do using your hands but a pc instead!

cheers ryan

mhotovec

I`ve got loads of links about voice control from Clinical Scientist that comes there also gonna make a bracket for when i`m in bed & stick sort thing which goes into my mouth & some sort of stylus on the end.

i`m after somthing that can a pc can control it.

plus the voice control is`nt exactly inconspicuous when it comes to privacy if you know what i mean!

I`ve found this but the comments or pretty bad.
AndRemote - Remote Control v1.0.5 Application for Android | Multimedia

mhotovec

Upvote 0
Hi rose i`ve already downloaded screencast but don`t know how to set it up or rooting what ever that is lol.
There never is much software that could help the disabled roze it`s just how it is!

If you don't know what root is...I don't suggest you go down that path then unless you are tech savy or have a tech savy friend. Rooting gives you basically Super User permission where you have control of every aspect of your phone/tablet. You can put custom ROMs on, over/underclock the CPU etc.

Well if it's a last resort and you can't find an alternative...and really need this feature, I found that the Dell Streak has been rooted: Dell Streak Has Been Rooted? | Android Community

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones