Dell XTBT01 Bluetooth keyboard

Last Updated:

1. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Dell XTBT01 (Stowaway) Bluetooth keyboard that I had been using with an Axim x50. It works with WinM as designed to. I was hoping I might get it to work with Sprint Hero.

I was able to pair it successfully but as suspected, that was about it. I'm sure the Hero would need an app/drivers to get it to work properly. I did some google searches and found that someone had it working with an HTC Tytn II (of which I know nothing about).

Has anyone tried and succeeded to use this type of portable keyboard w/ the Hero? Any developers wanting to take a stab at coming up with an app that would work with it?

It's a nifty little foldable keyboard with a removable cradle that fits mobile devices.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the link, treborcj! Looks interesting. Going to give it a try this weekend and will report back with my results. Crossing fingers....such a cool little keyboard.

Thanks again!

Edit: Well, after reading much of the thread, I've come to the conclusion that the app that is available won't work. It only works for SPP Bluetooth keyboards and the one I have is apparently HID. A couple of folks posted that they tried the one I have (and it's other-badged equal, the iGo Stowaway) and had no luck. No support yet for HID BT on the Androids.

Thanks again treborcj for finding and posting the link!