Delvik

Last Updated:

1. eddieb1983

eddieb1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched the forum first, but I didn't see anything. Maybe I overlooked it. But what is delvik cache for? When would I need to wipe it?

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

dAvlik cache is where the dex files of apps are stored. you would need to clear it if you are upgrading a rom that has anything in the apks changed. as a general rule, wipe it anything your experiencing odd behavior or flashing a rom. it doesnt wipe any of your data

3. eddieb1983

eddieb1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So if I change ROMs like from xtr to kaos, I need to wipe it? What if the ROM doesn't take or the file is corrupted like I've been experiencing with kaosfroyo-v31.zip? When I flash my nandroid backup, will everything be back to the way it was with my apps?

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes, a Nandroid restore will also clear the Dalvik cache. It may also restore Dalvik cache as it was at the time of the backup; I can't remember. Either way, it won't hurt to wipe Dalvik before a Nandroid restore.

5. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

no, wiping the cache before a restore is redundant. it formats the whole /data partition when you start a restore