Demo to see 15 fps vs 30 fps vs 60 fps

1. KingFatty

KingFatty Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

Ill post a video of quake 3 limited to different frames per second. Its definitly noticable.30 fps is pretty much unacceptable for competitive gaming. I would upgrade my computer if it was running games that slow.
  3. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

Please post videos of competitive gaming on the Evo too.
  4. malibu23

malibu23 Well-Known Member

whats the point of this thread. the hardcore users are pissed but er1 else is who just runs regular apps and normal games and watch movies are cool with the cap.

[​IMG]
    Gerbacio_PR and heavychevy like this.
  5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I laffed
  6. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

Competitive Gaming? It's a cell phone.
  7. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Definitely noticed a huge difference. Glad I average 54 FPS!
  8. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

You dont frag on this thing? :cool:
  9. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Sort of on topic - anybody play QuakeLive? If so, add me: n3tfury
  10. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

Yeah I just started playing after years of no Quake'n. I'll add you.

I was not talking about competitive gaming on the EVO you jacknuts, I was simply trying to say how horrible 30 fps's is for gaming on a computer for a comparison. If I saw a friend playing a game at 30 fps I would think his computer is a piece of shit and can't handle the game.

I also use a Nexus One daily and it looks so smooth and awesome compared to the EVO. In the end the 30 fps cap is not that big of a deal to me, but then again when I pick up another phone running at twice the fps it makes me wish the EVO did as well. I'm sure it will be fixed in the future.
  11. slimshady

slimshady Member

jacknuts:D
  12. paintmoonsred

paintmoonsred Well-Known Member

I lol'ed

But in all seriousness, I am totally fine with the 30 fps right now. As for the link, I could only tell a little difference between 30 and 60. I'd like to see another demo, perhaps something more involved than a bouncing square.