Deodex Question

Last Updated:

1. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I manually deodexed using the xUltimate method. I tried flashing a ROM but got stuck in bootloop, so i SBF'ed back and restored it to one of the nandroid back up i had after i deodexed. Now since i SBF'ed does that clear the deodexed state or did i restore my deodexed when i restored my back up?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

this will give you a deodex state but only for that rom or backup ...if you were to go to flash another rom you woulld need to make sure the rom is deodex and if its not then do so through manual or 928 as you know of already.....

3. kcrang

kcrang Well-Known Member

There is a theme for stock 2.2 called 928 black glassx, and if you apply the right one this theme will automatically deodex your phone.

928Droid Themes for the Droid X

What I used to do, is to apply this theme (deodexed version) first, then applied the back-to-stock theme with deodexed version. It takes a while to apply all those themes, but once you apply those two themes you will easily have the stock 2.2 deodexed.

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Or he could just flash the deodexed version of "back to stock" and only have to flash one theme, I don't get flashing both?

5. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

that doesnt work every time. I have tried it. it didnt work for me