Descriptions of new 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded it and the only problem I seem to have is the lag in making and receiving calls. Other then that it's running pretty good. But I would like to know where I can find info and descriptions on the new things that 2.1 has. Though I know it wasn't released in the official release, but what is "Friend Stream" (I think that's the correct name). And whats so different about Bluetooth 2.1. I mean I never had a problem with mine before the update but is there anything different? And is there a way I can play a streaming station through my car BT? I know with 1.5 BT you can program "**" and send and that would play your music through your BT earpiece but I cant get that to work anymore. Also my voice dial has never worked for me even before the update. I was hoping they fixed that but still doesn't work. Anyways, I'd really like to know if there is a description of all the new features and what they do. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Kim275

Kim275 Member

Differences between Android 1.5 and Android 2.0/2.1

• Improved OS stability.
    • Improved battery life.
    • Free turn-by-turn GPS based on Google maps.
    • Three-way calling enhancements.
    • Incoming call quality is improved.
    • Speakerphone remains on when call waiting kicks in.
    • Better Bluetooth, background echo eliminated, improved phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle systems.
    • GPS icon will disappear after a GPS app is closed.
    • SMS and MMS messages can be received after an EMS message is received.
    • SMS and MMS can now go to seven-digit addresses.
    • Google contact merging supports seven-digit numbers.
    • Visual Voice Mail notices arrive instantly.
    • Universal search from the home screen.
    • Camera, camcorder and gallery features integrated into a single UI.
    • Corporate calendar widget is updated.
    • 802.1x VPN support.
    • A comprehensive battery usage indicator in the setting menu identifies all sources of battery drain, and what percentage they

JB in AZ likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Nice list, thanks!

"..Auto delete the oldest messages in a conversation when a defined limit is reached..."

Where do you find or define this limit?

"...Camera: Built-in flash support..."

The Hero's camera doesn't have a flash.

4. idle19

idle19 Member

i fixed it by updating my profile. Menu| settings| About Phone| System Updates| update profile.

been working perfect now for about 8 hours.

5. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

There is no combined inbox. The Droid had it last November but HTC apparently eliminated it from the 2.1 version of Sense UI. It's available in the development version of K-9 Mail.

6. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

if stock users from 1.5 were to download this update, is it confirmed that their facebook linked contacts won't sync? i kno this is a problem with rooted 2.1 ROMs but is it the same for the official update?

i ask cuz i've seen some official updates from other members here and they can't link their facebook contacts..wtf??

7. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

when you first turn on your phone after getting 2.1 it will bring you through a setup. one of the setups is for facebook, and if you set it all up, your facebook contacts will be sync'd to your "people"