• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Descriptions of new 2.1

Linx

Apr 14, 2010
So I downloaded it and the only problem I seem to have is the lag in making and receiving calls. Other then that it's running pretty good. But I would like to know where I can find info and descriptions on the new things that 2.1 has. Though I know it wasn't released in the official release, but what is "Friend Stream" (I think that's the correct name). And whats so different about Bluetooth 2.1. I mean I never had a problem with mine before the update but is there anything different? And is there a way I can play a streaming station through my car BT? I know with 1.5 BT you can program "**" and send and that would play your music through your BT earpiece but I cant get that to work anymore. Also my voice dial has never worked for me even before the update. I was hoping they fixed that but still doesn't work. Anyways, I'd really like to know if there is a description of all the new features and what they do. Thanks.

Differences between Android 1.5 and Android 2.0/2.1

• Improved OS stability.
  • Improved battery life.
  • Free turn-by-turn GPS based on Google maps.
  • Three-way calling enhancements.
  • Incoming call quality is improved.
  • Speakerphone remains on when call waiting kicks in.
  • Better Bluetooth, background echo eliminated, improved phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle systems.
  • GPS icon will disappear after a GPS app is closed.
  • SMS and MMS messages can be received after an EMS message is received.
  • SMS and MMS can now go to seven-digit addresses.
  • Google contact merging supports seven-digit numbers.
  • Visual Voice Mail notices arrive instantly.
  • Universal search from the home screen.
  • Camera, camcorder and gallery features integrated into a single UI.
  • Corporate calendar widget is updated.
  • 802.1x VPN support.
  • A comprehensive battery usage indicator in the setting menu identifies all sources of battery drain, and what percentage they

Reactions: JB in AZ
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones