• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Design Concept Questions

jimmyo88

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hello all, newbie Android developer and first post here. I have recently completed an Android bootcamp tutorial on Youtube and now feel ready to begin writing my first independant application.

The app I am creating is a simple concept of a basic sums app. The user is initially presented with a main screen with four buttons. (Addition, multiplication, subtraction and division). Clicking on one of these buttons will then take the user to a new screen where they will be asked 20 random questions. After the 20 questions have been answered, they will then be presented with a new screen showing their score.

The problem I am having is the design conception. I want each question to appear on its own screen independently. E.g. Question 1 is displayed, user enters answer, clicks next, question 2 is displayed etc.

What would be the best way of doing this?

I do not want to create 20 activities for each question. Is there anyway to reload the current activity to do this while keeping track of things like the score?

thanks to all who can provide suggestions, I am simply trying to piece together how everything would work before I dive into the code and make mistakes.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones