1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Desire A8181 Original Rom

1. BenWilliams21

BenWilliams21 New Member

I have a desire running Runnymede All in One V6.0.4.3, but I'd quite like to put the original rom back on the phone so it's all standard.

It has various other tweeks on it such as
    AD2SDX and RCMix3D.

Does anyone know where I'll find an original rom? It's never been branded, came straight from HTC, and will I have any issues reverting back to original?

If not original, is there any other good roms out there? Ideally with decent battery life! Although I know I'm not going to get amazing

Advertisement
    :
  2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

What you need is the latest RUU, what's your hboot version/ If its been changed you might need to change that back too.
  3. BenWilliams21

BenWilliams21 New Member

The hboot version is 6.93.1002
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

OK, so are you wanting to go completely back to stock (S-On, unrooted), or just have a more standard ROM?

If you want to go completely stock you'll need to flash the "downgrader" hboot from alpharev.nl, then a stock RUU from shipped-roms. There is an unbranded 2.2 ROM on there, or the official 2.3 upgrade.

For battery life your best bet is a non-Sense ROM (AOSP = Android Open Source Project). Oxygen, Redux, MildWild or dGB would be my recommendations - dGB is the most stripped-down, so you might find one of the others less of a step. Any of these will give you better battery life than any ROM using HTC's Sense software.