Desire Agenda colour tabs

Last Updated:

1. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the agenda widget on my desire. On the example when choosing widgets it shows different colour tabs on the entries. When I enter events I cannot see a way of changing the colour from the standard sky blue I always get.

Changing the colour tab for business and personal etc etc would be very useful.

Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Your calendar should be linked to a Google calendar, in which case if you change the colour of each calendar on your PC it will update your phone's widget to match. I'm not sure if there is another way of doing it as I only use Google calendars.

3. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks jason. I'm not linking it to my PC Jason, I'm just entering via the handset calendar entries and the only colour is sky blue and I cannot see any way to change it.

4. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Have you entered any google account details on your phone? if yes then it will probably have synced with your google calender without you realising it.

If you go to https://www.google.com/calendar on your PC, see if any of your entries are there, if they are then all you need to do is create new calendars for business etc and change the colours, they will then update on your phone within a few minutes.

5. c0d3w4lk3r

c0d3w4lk3r Active Member

Just keep and mind that not all colors from Google Calendar can be selected. I tried some colors and some worked, others didn't. I think this is because not all colors have been added to the widget. Just play around with some colors and then sync the device to see if the color has changed.

I've read somewhere on the forum that in some cases only the bottom 3 rows can be selected but that wasn't the case on my phone. Like I said, just play around with different colors.

6. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I've got 11 Google calendars all with different colours and they show in the correct colours on my phone using the HTC Calendar widget and in the Calendar app, are you using a different app for the calendar?

7. c0d3w4lk3r

c0d3w4lk3r Active Member

I'm using the THC Calendar stock widget and like I said, some colors show up in the widget and others don't. This seems to be an issue, I have seen more threads discussing this problem. I change the color, refresh in browser and even log off and the color won't change on the device...

Update: now I tried some other colors and this seems to be working. Maybe it was a sunc issue? Who knows.. ;)

8. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

To my knowledge there is no way of changing the colours on the phone. I think you have to do all the colour changes via the calendar on a PC. It also seems it's trial and error as to which colours work correctly on both the PC and phone.

9. rocced

rocced New Member

I had the same issue, but I think I finally found the reason: I had duplicate colors in my agendas, including the default one "My agenda", my exchange agenda, and all gcalendars. For example, the default agenda of the phone is in blue (and I think is not possible to change it), I cannot put the same blue in a gcal agenda otherwise the color is ignored and a random one is chosen by the phone. But if I choose a darker or lighter blue, it works!

10. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to change the colours on the phone more easily.
    Synced with my google calander i get red and entries on phone are blue. But i want to distinguish task types if you get me