Desire Calendar... few improvements could be made..

Last Updated:

1. shmicky

shmicky Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I just bought a Desire and can see that the Calendar program is not as good as it should be.

1. If a multiple day all day event is tapped when the user is on the month view, the next window simply shows the event on that day as an all day event. It should really show the start and end dates of the event. Currently the only way I can find to see this information is by editing the event then cancelling the edit screen.

2. If a "non-all day" event is created that starts on Monday @ 11:00am and ends on thursday at 3:00pm, then when I tap on the event in month view it shows the event happening SEPARATELY on every day between 11am and 3pm. It should say Monday 11am - Thursday 3pm. Currently the only way I can find to see this information is by editing the event then cancelling the edit screen. These are hard to explain but easy to see when you try it on the phone.

I think these issues need to be fixed in any software/firmware upgrade that there may be.

Loving the phone though. Glad I went for it instead of iPhone

Advertisement
  2. pete borota

pete borota Active Member

Pocketinformant probably the best PIM/Calendar in the market is being developed for the Android platform.

That will eventually have all the functionality of it's window's brother that includes use of Franklin Covey methodology.

It will probably be round for beta in around 2 months.