Desire Calendar won't sync to GoogleSupport

Last Updated:

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC O2 Desire with 2.2 upgrade

All seems to be ok except for a Calendar problem.

I tried to use HTC Synch, want to move apps to sd card, and managed to add extra anniversaries to my calendars i.e Outlook, Google and Desire.

Outlook and Google had duplicate anniversaries and Desire has triplicate!!

Before I reconnect my Desire to my pc via HTC sync I need to resolve the triplication problem i.e. get my Desire to sync with Google calendar via my gmail acccount.

I edited the online Google calendar and left that to synch with desktop Outlook via its normal sych routine. Outlook did ask one question; should it delete 169 items. I answered yes and Outlook updated. During this time I switched off synch on my Desire.

I then tried to sych Desire to Google via my home wifi but without success. It seems that Desire synch will not stay up. The synch symbol shows for a few seconds then goes either using manual or autosynch; wifi is there all the time and I have a connection to my ISP i.e I can surf all I want using the wifi router connected to my desktop. Desire wifi signal shown as full strength.

I notice that if I manually synch my Desire the sync symbol against "Sync Calendar" stays on for some 15 seconds (but is not rotating after the symbol disappears from the top of the screen) whereas for Gmail and contacts the symbols quickly go out suggesting that more activity is taking place in calendar? Also the sync symbol at the top of the screen matches for contacts and Gmail but goes out after a few seconds for Calendar i.e does not stay on for 15 seconds.

I have powered down my Desire several times to see if a reboot will cure the problem.

Google synch must have worked in order to get the triplicate events.

I have sent an email from another account to my gmail account and it has shown up in Thunderbird on my desktop and on mail on my Desire. A new contact I created on Google contacts on my Desktop browser is now synced onto my Desire. Only Calendar refuses to sync. This morning I have deleted an event from Google Calendar but it is still showing in Desire Calendar.

Any advice please?

Advertisement
  2. athegn

Think I have resolved this partially.

Two of the triplicates are "PC Sync" so just turn off that and my Desire Calendar works.

However I now need to get the PC Sync Calendar down to nothing: I assume that the data in that is taking up memory on my Desire?

I also need to get HTC Sync working without syncing to Outlook; this was my original mistake that seemed to have created duplicates in PC Sync?

I need HTC Sync to alter my Desire to store apps on the sd card.

3. athegn

One problem I have to solve is how to clear the PC Synch calendar from my Desire.

Reason there are a number of events on the PC Sync calendar that give notifications. The same event on my, now synced, Google calendar do not.

I can untick the PC Sync calendar Menu > More > Calendars > PC Sync but the notification still sound; some of these at midnight!!!!

How can I remove the PC Sync calendar from my Desire or remove all events from it?

Help desperately needed.

4. zahoor sakhark

zahoor sakhark New Member

bit late for a reply but if it helps anyone else. This happened a lot recently o my htc (desire) device. The problem was not enough memory to carry out the sync. Got transferred back and forth from vodafone and tackling numerous "take battery out, take sim out, disable wifi " scenarios.. The guy at HTC suggested I reset to factory defaults but suggested downloadig sms backup first. As a last resort I went into settings / manage applications and copied all the apps to SD. At least the ones that could be copied. Instant sync without pressing sync buttion. Hope it helps.