Desire Camera - annoying reminders

Last Updated:

1. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the annoying popup reminders about how to use the camera? They get in the way of a good picture.

Advertisement
  2. Sypher

Sypher Well-Known Member

Have you cleared the cache, reset the phone or run a task killer? As they don't appear for me, only on the first ever use.

3. simon1

I just tried stopping the app using the App Management facility but it hasn't helped. How do you clear the cache? I don't run a task killer as I keep reading they are unnecessary.

4. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

I'd like to get rid of that annoying 'press the optical trackball' notification too

5. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

That is bloody annoying,anyone know a way to stop it?

6. simon1

I contacted HTC support about this and got this reply:
    "Hello Xxxx, Thank you for your email. Regarding the reminder messages/popup that appears when using the camera on your htc Desire. I can confirm that after your initial use of the camera you should not receive any further pop-up messages asking you to take a picture especially if you are taking one picture after another. There is no menu button to switch this off as the pop up should only appear each time you turn the camera on and only appears for about 3 seconds then disappears so should not interfere with your picture taking etc I hope this answers your question Thanks for contacting HTC. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Jason Sherratt HTC"

I assume this means that it popsup each time the camera is turned on or the screen is unlocked (at least it does with mine).

I have replied stating how silly this seems and can they please update the software to give an option to turn off the popups. I don't think I'll forget in a hurry how to take a picture!!