desire caseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. aceominous

aceominous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought a silicone case but found this just attracts a shed load of dust, so any ideas on what case to buy?

Advertisement
  2. Juint

Juint Active Member

If you are looking for something similar to a silicone case, maybe look at some TPU cases? I bought a TPU case off of ebay and that never seemed to attract dust.

3. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member

I bought the official leather pouch from Amazon. It was about 7 quid including postage

4. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

can you share the links? [​IMG]

5. jaybo1973

6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I use a Hydro-Gel case I bought from Telus for $10. It's semi-hard, firm but flexible, non-slippy, and doesn't attract dust. Look for the names "hydro-gel" or "flexishield" online as they are the same type of case. Telus doesn't call it a hydro-gel, but instead labels it a "Gel Skin" for the Desire. It just slips on firmly from the back and slides over the front edges to hold it securely in place. I found similar knockoff cases for sale at no-name kiosks for the same price, but they're not as firm or durable.

An added bonus is the case makes it harder to push the Power/Lock and Volume up/down buttons as they are too sensitive without a case. I would accidentally change the volume or ringer when using it, or wake/sleep the phone when handling the phone and hitting the Power button. Now it's perfect with the case. It's so good and inexpensive I bought a spare one and put it away in a drawer incase I damage this one.
    :D

7. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Get the Case Mate Tough... really a good case.

8. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member

I used to use the Case-Mate Barely There case, but it was too barely there! Currently using an official HTC TPU case, protects the back, sides, top, bottom, and is a perfect fit. Covers the volume controls, and the power button is recessed within it in a gap in the case, meaning I don't accidently press it. No dust problems, and gives good grip. Got it from my network's local store.

9. aceominous

aceominous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does this pouch have soft material on the inside or is that also leather?

10. jaybo1973

It's soft inside

11. Juint

Juint Active Member

I originally bought a TPU case (epikcase) from ebay, but didnt like how the power button was covered. I have recently purchased an OEM HTC TPU case, and it was definitely worth the money! Maybe check that out if you are looking for a gel type case?

12. trulskaare

trulskaare Member

I bought this case from Odds and Pods:

Odds And Pods-HTC Desire Black Gel Flexible Skin Case Cover

It's a fairly firm gel, so the phone fits very well inside it, although it's slightly tricky to fit it. I had a gel case for my touch hd which was too flexible and I found this to be a bargain for my Desire. 10 out of 10.

13. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

I have one of the hard rubber cases coming in the mail sooooon. It's coming straight from Hong Kong unfortunately because I guess there is a ban to have anything other than a silicone case in the states.

14. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

That's almost identical to my case, except for the cutout at the back for the speaker is slightly different. I like it a lot as it adds grip, protects the phone, and the firmness of the case helps prevent accidental key presses of the volume and power buttons.

15. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Casemate probably has the thinest cases, but they also offer among the least protection as the cases are thin, plastic (they crack and break easier), and they don't cover the phone as well as others leaving parts of it exposed like most of the bottom and top areas and they barely cover the sides.
    My case is the same as the Flexishield, just a different name. It's labelled as a "gel case" and I bought it for $10 from the same carrier where I bought the Desire (Telus Canada).

16. Abdur

Abdur Well-Known Member

Where in Canada did you buy it?

17. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Like I said in my post, a Telus retail store. BestBuy, Futureshop or other dealers may have them too. It's just called a "Gel Case" for the Desire.

Abdur likes this.
  18. Abdur

Abdur Well-Known Member

Alright, thanks mate.
    (I went to best buy, and they didnt have it, will check again)

19. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Go to a Telus store...I'm sure they'll have it there. It's $9.99+tax and comes in 8 colours. You can view them online at the Telus website here:

Cases*|* HTC Desire?*|* Accessories*|* Phones & devices*|* TELUS Mobility

They also carry other accessories too, but if you want a car charger, go to Zellers or Walmart where they sell a micro-USB charger for about $12. It's a generic model in a red box, but it works fine for both HTC phones we own, and an MP3 player too.

Abdur likes this.
  20. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

21. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

22. Abdur

Abdur Well-Known Member

Once again thanks a lot mate :)
    I went to the telus dealership today got the black gel case, they didnt have a screen protector made for the desire, so I will look for it in some other cellular accessories stores.
    Once again, thanks for all your help :)

23. Ripstop

Ripstop Member

I got a krussell orbit, for wildfire and desire, very good, tried a few others, but this is secong to none.

24. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

If you haven't found one yet, take a look at BestSkinsEver.com. They make copies of the invisible shield, but at a much lower price point. They ship the protectors in a plain white envelope so even shipping to Canada wasn't an issue and there were no extra fees - it just looks like a letter. Customer service is good and they have info on how to apply the skins easily. Note that I don't use a screen protector anymore as the hardened glass on these phones is quite durable.

25. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member