Desire Contact Card

Last Updated:

1. AndrewTighe

AndrewTighe Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the Desire... set the contact card up but want to edit it, anyone know how? Holding it down does no good (the contact card in the phonebook)

THanks

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Click on the 'People' icon, it should be on the Home screen if you haven't already removed it. If you have it's still in the menu.

3. AndrewTighe

Yeah, I can get to the contact card, but I just can't edit it. When I hold my finger down on it, no menus pop up and it just takes me to the contact card with my details on. I would like to re-edit it though. Any clue what I need to do?

4. Pryomancer

Press the menu button, you can choose to edit it there.

5. AndrewTighe

MAgic, that does it, thanks

6. Pryomancer

No problem.

7. skiwiman69

skiwiman69 New Member

HTC Desire
    Imported Contacts from Sony Ericsson C905 and the name details are all mixed up.
    When I try to edit using the above method I'm limited in the number of characters.

When I add a Contact I get to put in their first name, and then there's a separate box for the surname - and no character number limit.

I'd found a way to edit an existing contact that allowed me to enter a first name, then a surname, but I've forgotten how to do this.

Can anyone help?

8. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

@skiwiman:
    Welcome to the forum! :D
    This is a bit off topic, but I'll bite. Google Contacts and Android are not designed to distinguish between first and last names; but it is able to merge them when importing from a CSV or similar file. Perhaps that's what you meant? I know of no way to separately manage name parts within Google or Android.

Somewhat related to the topic: I just got a Desire, and before that I already have an extensive contact card for myself. Any way to make that existing entry the "my contact" on the Desire, or do I have to re-enter everything? What's that card used for, anyway?