Desire contact problem.Support

Last Updated:

1. kirish

kirish New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. Ive had my Desire for about 3-4 months now, without any problems.
    But just this morning, it started giving me multiple errors,saying sorry "com.google.process.gapps" has encountered an error. So i click force close. Then it takes an enormous time to actually load the home screen. during the time I'm waiting the errors just keep popping up.

Then i searched for a solution, and came across clearing my gmail data and gmail storage data. I did that, and rebooted my phone. It still took a long time to start up, but the errors were reducing in frequency, and soon enough they stop, after clearing the data once more.

But lo and behold another problem came up. I rebooted my phone again, for safe measure, and when it started(still taking a long time when i unlock it) all my people/contacts were gone from my SIM. Only some numbers and emails from my mail remained which were on the phone. I was stupid enough to not backup my contacts. Its not even syncing my facebook contacts into it anymore.

Any ideas?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Could you have perhaps moved your contacts etc from the sim card to the phone with out realizing, if so it looks like you may have deleted them when you were clearing the phone.

3. kirish

kirish New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey thanks for the reply.
    nope it doesnt seemed like i moved it.
    And in Settings>Applications>manage Applications>Contacts storage, it takes up 5.14mb, which seems like alot. And the facebook contacts have come back. but all my phone number are gone. i forgot to mention that i have some email contacts that are unlinked from my facebook contacts.