Desire contacts problem - Number is viewable in "Phone" but not in "People"Support

Last Updated:

1. kone

kone Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am a complete Android newbie so apologies in advance!

I'm running 2.1 on a HTC Desire and I have a wierd problem with my contacts.

Prior to purchasing my Desire I used a Nokia N96, all my contacts were stored on the SIM card which I just popped into my new Desire.

If I go into Phone I see all my contacts with their numbers displayed underneath, however if I go to "People" I only see the contact with no number associated with it, if I go to edit a contact it does not show any number at all!

Also if I send a text from another number (which is stored in "People") the text delivers and show only the number it was sent from, it does not link to the stored contact.

I copied all SIM contacts to the Phone to see if this made any difference, alas it did not!

Has anyone seen this before?

many thanks,
    Kone

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Look in the notes field, and all the numbers will be there.

Had the same issue moving from an N96 to Android.

3. kone

Many thanks for the reply, I check notes and no sign of them.

however just after posting I rebooted the phone, reimported all the contacts from the SIM (now the amount of contact has doubled but the number of contact displayed is the same) and lo and behold it started to pull in the phone numbers.

I have no idea what happened but at least it's working, it appears that the People has linked the first set of imported contacts to the second set.

I hope post will be of use to someone else.

Kone

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Some fields such as business and company dont import, and will be in the notes field.

Seems Nokia use non standard vcard fields?

5. kone

I think that's a possiblity nx1977

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I just did my most used, and will do the rest as I need them.

Was a PITA to fix, that and for some reason all my numbers had a space before them so none showed up when they called, and messages linked to contacts randomly.

7. kone

I guess I was just lucky in the end, there is nothing worse than having to edit all your contacts :mad: