Desire from Vodafone

Last Updated:

1. declanh

declanh Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone got a desire from vodafone (as opposed to on vodafone from the like of carphonewarehouse) ?

Would be keen to know to what extent they have buggered up the software.
    18months down the line im still irritated by the "vodafone live" they put on c905.

Happy enough with the voda network but might just ship if they have messed up the default software and "over branded" it...

Advertisement
  2. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

I didn't see any branding on the one I played with in the Vodafone shop. Plus it was unlocked too!

declanh likes this.
  3. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

im getting mine delivered tommorrow so after having a play i will let you know

declanh likes this.
  4. gillbee

gillbee Member

There isn't any branding on mine at all. No vodafone apps pre-installed either. I don't know if they are using their own firmware - if someone knows what the default version is I can put up the version that's on my phone.
    So far I'm really impressed that vodafone haven't messed with the phone in any noticeable way.

declanh likes this.
  5. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I got mine from Vodafone and there is no branding at all as mentioned above, all seems to be working perfect.

declanh likes this.
  6. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any branding on it.

7. r1984

r1984 Member

Am buying a vodafone one of someone from ebay but he is saying that the unit came locked to vodafone.

Has anyone else had a handset from them which was locked ?

8. nima25

nima25 New Member

only vodafone related thing on my desire is one of the live wallpapers

9. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

well ive had a long play with the desire and theres nothing on it i can see. no start up screen, badge on case or pre loaded apps. Although ive not tested a nother sim to see if its unlocked yet

10. romek

romek Member

I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now from Vodafone (directly, NOT carphonewarehouse) and I have to say the phone has NO Vodafone apps on it at all, plus it came fully unlocked (tested in the shop with a T-Mobile SIM before I took it home). The only thing Vodafone related on it is the HTC Scenes- Vodafone but even when you switch to that there is no Vodafone apps showing up at all. One issue I have with the phone is that it's stuck on 1.15.161.4 firmware... so maybe that's Vodafone specific firmware? (as I can't seem to get it up update to 1.15.405.4)

11. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I'm also stuck on 1.15.161.4, I might give HTC a bell tomorrow and see what they say, the update might fix my camera problem!