1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

desire hangsSupport

1. aizatawadz

aizatawadz Member

Guys,

Im having problem with my device here. The symptom as below:

• Hangs every now and then
    • Definitely hangs upon charging or plugin to computer (anymode)
    • Unable to turn on immediately after removing battery
    • 10 seconds of removing battery will able to start but hangs at "HTC, quietly brilli" and buzzing sound on speaker
    • 3-5 mins mins removing battery able to turn on but hangs if after a while

*by hangs mean, it stops at current screen and doesnt respond to any touch/button

Changes I made to my device
    • upgraded to 2.3.3 from froyo
    • change install location to SD
    • upgraded to 8gb card

please help me here. hopefully it is not a hardware problem. I tried to reset it still faced the same problem.

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I would keep the battery out for more than 10 seconds after pulling it. Electronics doesn't discharge instantly.

However, none of the changes you mention should be a cause in itself. Bad cards can cause odd problems, but why should that correlate with plugging in? You could have a software condition that is triggered by plugging in, but a factory reset didn't fix it which makes that less likely. So my suspicion is that it might be hardware. Did it start abruptly, you do anything in the day or so before?

I guess that if nobody has any other ideas you could run the 2.3 RUU again and see whether the problem is still there. If it is that only leaves hardware. Do check there is nothing stupid like something in the charging socket.
  3. aizatawadz

aizatawadz Member

I was trying to do htc sync when it first happens (was never successfull till date; error 2 General timed out). no changes made apart from that.

just to make a note...i dont really think it is a card problem since i tried to turn it on without card or sim, its the same; doesnt start or hangs.

tried 2 different usb cables, 2 different charger = same result :(

let me try to run the 2.3 RUU again, if it doesnt hangs on usb connection...cant recall i can run the RUU through recovery though...
  4. Hadron

You can run an RUU in fastboot mode - boot phone while pressing the back button.

Are you still in warranty (2 years)? An RUU flashes everything, including critical components, so you don't want something to go wrong during it, but if under warranty that's fixable.
  5. Hadron

Incidentally, fastboot is different from Android, so if it freezes when you connect the phone in fastboot mode then I'm sure it is hardware.
  6. aizatawadz

aizatawadz Member

excellent...freezes on fastboot (the white dancing android page) too...

the worst expected...hopefully it still under warranty...
  7. Hadron

When you say freezes, just to be sure, you mean that it does not respond to the volume or power keys (the touchscreen doesn't work in hboot/fastboot), and the word "fastboot" does not change to "fastboot usb" when connected? If so I think it must be hardware, as a software problem with the android OS would not affect the bootloader.

I know that in my region the warranty is 2 years, so only the early adopters are outside the warranty period.

Good luck.
  8. aizatawadz

aizatawadz Member

Yes, the buttons does not respond in fastboot after plugged in usb.

I tried again to run RUU this morning, it was ok at first (not hanging), but it works only halfway. now it wont load up and stuck at HTC page. Unable to run the RUU on fastboot mode coz no driver for it.

Can any1 help to point the driver? tried on the xda but no luck installing.

btw, Im using win7 32bit
  9. aizatawadz

aizatawadz Member

Sent for warranty...

normally it will be a 1 year warranty but can be extended to 2years. luckily mine have the extended.

Lets see how it goes....
  10. Hadron

Good luck
    aizatawadz likes this.