• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD Bluetooth problems

fonedroid

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
Hi everyone,
This is my second attempt at a new thread as I managed to somehow delete the last one just before I sent it, so hope I have better luck with this one!
I have had an HTC Desire for a couple of weeks now and am quite happy with it so far. Only problem is it won't recognise either of the two Bluetooth earpieces I own from previous phones i.e a Jabra 0TE1 (not sure if this is model number) and a Samsung WEP250. The latter worked with a Samsung D900 as well as the Nokia 2630 but the Jabra only worked with the Samsung phone. Neither of these work with my Desire HD. Does anyone know of a Bluetooth earpiece thats will definately work with this phone. Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers.;)

BT is a standard & earpiece bts are as simple as it gets. They should work on any bt enabled phone.
That said, the bt on the dhd is the worst i've ever experienced on a phone, htc just don't seem to have bothered with it on this particular model.

Does it even see them when you do a scan?

If yes to the above, what does it say when you try to pair & connect?

If no, then... i don't know.

Upvote 0
When you say that the phone won't recognise the headset, do you mean that they will not pair?

I have a Jabra BT2020 that works fine with my DHD, and the Nokia N97 that I had previously. I had had other Jabras that work with a variety of phones too - Nokias, Samsungs, and others.

I guess that we can start with the basics - have you put the headset into the correct mode for pairing with the phone? With all Jabras that I have had, this normally involves holding the power button in until it powers up and then keeping the button pressed for a few more seconds until either the light goes solid, or it flashes on & off. It should then be possible to scan for it on the phone and pair using a passkey of 0000.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones