Desire HD Google play and viberGeneral

1. 0UnknowN1

0UnknowN1 New Member

Hello,

I have a HTC desire HD and there is no google play in the apps just google market and I can't access it. I want it because I don't know where to update my Viber. is somebody knows how to get google play please help or where I can download viber latest version.

My device Android Version: 2.3.3
    HTC Sence: 2.1

And is there any update availabe for my phone? If yes where I can download it?

Thank you.
    ~0UnknowN1

Advertisement
    :
  2. JohnDF1

JohnDF1 Active Member

Hi,

Update - "Settings" - "about phone" - software updates

You should dependent on operator / location go to 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0

I have viber via Google Play on the above settings
    0UnknowN1 likes this.
  3. ViberMedia

ViberMedia Well-Known Member

CDPlant and ral like this.
  4. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Do you guys sleep. Your everywhere :D
  5. ViberMedia

Trying to offer our users the most direct support possible ;)

Glad to be here and help!
    D-U-R-X and ral like this.
  6. 0UnknowN1

0UnknowN1 New Member

There is no update available for my phone, am I missing something? Because the internet connection is okay and it's WiFi.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for the link but the link you have given me it's viber's old version, the new version is 2.2.2.22, is there any new link that I can download from?

Thank you.
    ~0UnknowN1
  7. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I am not sure why ViberMedia sent you the link for Viber v. 2.2.2.

I had some issues battery drain issues with 2.2.3 and reverted to 2.2.2. I have not had time to test the latest 2.2.3.109.

Here is the Google Play link to the Viber app.

You can try going to it with a web browser. From a PC you can send it to your phone. From the phone, when it prompts you, have it open the link with the Android Market/Google Play.

Have you tried John's advice:

8. ViberMedia

@0UnknowN1 -

The latest version of Viber can always be found in PlayStore.
    If you fail to download it from there, you can use the direct link our HelpDesk (that also has the up-to-date version) here: Can't download from Android market... | Viber Support

Currently, the latest version (in both locations) is 2.2.3

Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know :)
  9. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

my DHD is presently at HTC but prior to that I used viber a lot. I also had not dared try the latest version and was using successfully the one prior to the one before the latest.

The one before the latest was constantly crashing and was unusable for me and several others i know who had HTC phones. Has the newest update resolved the issues?
  10. ViberMedia

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team
    0UnknowN1, CDPlant and ral like this.
  11. 0UnknowN1

0UnknowN1 New Member

Thanks man, just where should I download this release?

Thanks in advance
  12. ViberMedia

Our pleasure :)
    You should find it in PlayStore. Is this not the case?
  13. ger500

ger500 New Member

hi
    I have a motorola xt615 , after installing viber all went well,
    however since yesterday the sound on calls doesn
  14. 0UnknowN1

0UnknowN1 New Member

15. ViberMedia

@ger500 -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

However, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@0UnknowN1 -

Yep, this is the link in our official HelpDesk to the latest version. Enjoy! :)
    ral, 0UnknowN1 and CDPlant like this.