desire hd screen scratchGeneral

Last Updated:

1. yashovinaypipada

yashovinaypipada New Member This Topic's Starter

is the desire hd screen scratch resistant or does it need a scratch guard ?

Advertisement
  2. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

The screen is very very scratch resistant, but I've managed to get a single hairline scratch right down the middle.

I just wish I'd spent the

3. K24A3

K24A3 Member

Yeah it is resistant but it's limited (for example if your keys and phone are in the same pocket, there will be a good chance it will scratch).

You should get a decent screen protector asap.
    I have a Zagg Invisible Shield on mine and very happy with it. It's actually easier to use the touchscreen now since the glass tends to 'stick' if your fingers are not perfectly dry.

4. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I've found the exact opposite with the Zagg. The slightly rubbery surface makes my fingers stick whether wet or dry.

By the way, I am not bad mouthing the Zagg. I have no plans of removing it because it is probably the best screen protector I've every applied

5. K24A3

K24A3 Member

True, the Zagg does stick sometimes, but if you use the side of your finger to scroll rather than the front, there is less friction and seems to do the trick.

6. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

I have always just bought the screen protectors off ebay, at like 6 for

7. MSPreacher

MSPreacher Well-Known Member

Is it really worth spending

8. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

9. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I had a cheap one installed at first (while waiting for Zagg to make for for the DHD).

At the end of 2 weeks, it was covered in scratches, and thats on top of the bubbles/finger prints/dust that was under the protector while I was installing it.

The zagg goes on without any bubbles, fits perfectly because you can slide if around before letting it set permenantly, and its scratch proof

10. KarinaT

KarinaT New Member

Do you have any tip how to remove them without herting my phone? I bought "Displex - display polish" but I just saw that I shouldn't use it on touchscreens... I really need some help. I have some big scratches... :(

11. HKM

HKM Banned

This is not BS thread about invisibleSHEILD by Zigg. Now OP yes its resistant but minor you should not take the chance and just buy decent specific screen protector online. Don't buy OEM based as they are useless do some search and find clear, anti glare, mirrior, whatever you like.

BTW Zigg is BS as it took me 1min to put a hole in it lol after I got it and I didn't feel like calling them and filing RMA trying to explain to them how in the hell did I get hole in the middle LOL so I just cut my loss and went with DQC based. So much for being virtually indestructible.