• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD Standard Music Player Not Clicking Back To Albums

Zarathustra

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
Hey Guys,

First post, total n00b, forgive me.

has anyone else noticed when you choose an Artist, click an Album then click a Song to listen to, then if you want to go back to the selection of albums by that artist to listen to you can only select the button on the bottom left of the screen which goes back to All Artists and you have to go through the whole process again!

Is this an issue for everyone? or am i missing something?

If you click the Back touch sensitive button it will take you back to the Home Screen. If you click Menu there are no options to go back to the Albums.

This is how the flow should be:
Artist>Albums>Songs>Listen To Song<Songs<Albums<Artist

I hope this makes even the slightest bit of sense as its driving me crazy!

Cheers.

If you click on the bottom right button of the player it will show you all the songs again of the current album.

I would advise you to download an other player though because the stock one is really crap and doesn't have a lot of options... My personal favourite is Poweramp (it's $4.99 but worth every penny!) but there are always good free alternatives too(Mixzing, Mortplayer,...).

Reactions: Zarathustra
Upvote 0
Cheers man, yeah its good that button allows you to select from the same album, but so annoying there isn't a way to get back to the list of the Artist's albums! Grr!!

I'll definately give poweramp a shot, just hoping this will get fixed in an update or that there may be a way to do it that im just missing.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones